The Herring Gull
It should be noted that:
Both the adult birds and the juvenile birds in the nest are protected by law.
Eliminating the Nuisance of Seagulls
SOME KEY FACTS ABOUT HERRING GULLS
- Complaints of noises and potential damage to properties are commonplace.
- Seagulls will attack the general public if threatened, more so if any attempt is made to get near the nest.
- Herring Gulls have been implicated in transporting salmonella species.
- Seagulls nests and eggs can be removed from rooftops where necessary. .
- Anti bird measures can be put in place to prevent seagulls nesting in the future.